Thursday, January 29, 2009

The importance of FoxMarks

Ask yourself this question, if I lost all my browser bookmarks would I know what I've lost? It's quite amazing how much time most surfers invest in organizing and collecting their favourite places on the internet.

I have recently installed Foxmarks which backup your favourites and allows you to access your bookmarks on the internet. I particularly like the password saving part as this means that I can create new accounts and passwords on websites and log in without any problem on another machine. The profiles feature is pretty neat too as this means I can restrict my "@work" version to professional interest rather than overly personal stuff.

I did however take the precaution of using a pretty secure password for the account. The thought of someone hacking all my passwords at the same time gives me the shivers.

No comments: