Thursday, May 22, 2008

Re-list books on Amazon using iMacro

User GuideThis script imports my Google spreadsheet of books and then pastes them to sell on Amazon books. It takes about 20 seconds to list each book but you only process those in your spreadsheet marked to be re-listed.
Example Google Spreadsheet.
Why?Unless you pay £28.75 per month to Amazon Books to become a professional seller, you don't get the facility to import from a spreadsheet. This iMacro code does exactly that, for free, though it is of course intended for smallish quantities (in practice I'm normally adding less than 6 books at a time and have less than 20 books up for sale).
Having recently realized that the handful of books I was trying to sell had not only all expired but had also permanently gone from my closed listings so I had to put them in from scratch, I had the incentive to spend a few hours playing with JavaScript and iMacro to find a decent work around.
Known Bugs
When I have more than 20 books the last ones on the list are ignored as already listed, probably due to export limitations with iMacro. My work around is to list new books at the top of the spreadsheet and it will work fine. You could also cut and paste previously listed books into a second page of the spreadsheet and keep the front page for new books to be listed.

No comments: